Friday, August 25, 2017

Satisfied Patient & Student

Online educated osteopath, Ann Shivas, DOMP a graduate of National Academy of Osteopathy and ex-member of Canada’s national soccer team treated Mark in Montreal (Quebec). There are many individuals who after receiving treatments from our alumni became our students. This demonstrates the osteopathic skills of our graduates. Here is the email received from Mark:

Hi Dr. Pourgol,

I just wanted to thank you for the incredible learning experience I had with NAO. You are definitely invested in your student's success and we feel it.

When it came time for me to look at schools offering manual Osteopathy as part of their curriculum, I did my due diligence and gathered objective evidence as part of my decision process. I not only researched various options but also communicated with graduates of the target schools and, whenever possible, had face-to-face meetings with representatives.
For NAO, I was lucky enough to have my initial face-to-face with Ann Shivas who took time out of her busy practice to answer all of my questions and put to rest any potential concerns I may have had. I subsequently followed up with Ann for a treatment and was so impressed with her approach and follow up that I decided to pursue a career in manual Osteopathy from NAO immediately thereafter.

Prior to Ann's treatment, I had received years of osteopathic manual therapy from a plethora of top practitioners trained both in Europe and Canada. After Ann's treatment, I not only considered her to be an impressive ambassador of NAO ...... but also my new benchmark of manual osteopathic excellence!

Some may consider my decision-making process to be a bit extreme, but I feel my years involved in the aerospace engineering industry has, to an extent, shaped who I am today. In the aerospace industry, to make mistakes is forgivable....but to catch them is imperative!
I can now say, with no reserve, that my research efforts paid off and that joining NAO in their DOMP program was one of the best investments in time, effort, and energy I have made to date.

All the best,
Mark MacNeil


No comments:

Post a Comment