Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Registered massage therapist from Alberta Writes about NAO

Registered massage therapist & manual osteopath, Shannon Donison, RMT, DOMP (from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) writes why she chose NAO:

.............My research in schools led me to the National Academy of Osteopathy. I did look at the other schools in Canada as well, but they were set up as a part time program in which students attended 1 week about 6-8 times per year, over 4-5 years. I debated going that route, but in the end decided to do the full time study program with NAO, an online program with hands on practical training at the end.

Yes, online learning is extremely effective even in this type of training, contrary to what some people may think................The NAO education portal is set up fantastically, with great video lectures, all of which have been updated recently, and more videos are added on an ongoing basis. With online education I get to work at my own pace, and if I need to watch a lecture over again, I can do so as many times as I like.

One of the things that I love about the NAO founder, Dr. Shahin Pourgol, is that at various times throughout the year he will allow access to the education portal for alumni, so that we can review and watch the latest additions and updated lectures. Very generous, and without the online side of the school, not possible.

The Visceral class was the one that I really had a hard time getting into initially, the hardest of all of them actually. But then, along came Dr. Oleg Bagrin, and a whole new series of video lectures! That was a total turnaround, and a fantastic addition to the curriculum, as he is a great teacher. I'm looking forward to watching all of his video lectures again, and learning more from him in the future, so I can apply these techniques in my practice.



No comments:

Post a Comment