Thursday, September 8, 2016

NOPA President Reviews National Academy of Osteopathy



Manual osteopath, Andrew Chan, DOMP, president of the National Osteopathic Practitioners Alumni Association (NOPA), who is a graduate of National Academy of Osteopathy has written the following review about NAO.  We are grateful to him for taking time from his busy schedule to review our school. 

 
Posted on August 31, 2016
NAO Graduate
………………………………….In Ontario, Alberta, Quebec, even across Canada wide our graduates can join and "accredited" by Ontario Osteopathic Alternative Medicine Association (OOAMA), Society of Osteopath Canada (SOC), National Manual Osteopathic Society (NMOS), Ontario Association of Osteopathic Practitioners (OAOP) just to name a few. Upon graduation, you may join either associations to bill insurance company under extended health care plans (EHCP) in order for your patients/clients to receive reimbursements. I do not have issues in terms of billing or rejected claims.

I was an in-class student so my review will be base on that only. The Professors which instructed our class are professional, well-rounded knowledge and extremely patient with us……………… I can say that NAO professors not only demonstrate techniques in front of the class, they also demonstrate techniques on all the students individually so you can understand how it is done safely and correctly. Lots of my patients after receiving my treatments are feeling much better, decreased pain, sleeping better and more energetic all because of what I learnt at NAO. NAO "opened" the door for me to learn more about osteopathy but it is up to "me" as the "practitioner" to leap thru the door and explore osteopathy teachings (that was the mentality I felt when I was at NAO). 

The best part is Dr. Pourgol’s business lectures. Normally you would have to pay for such information but it is included in our course which I find very useful. I hope this review enlighten future students or potential patients.

I practice in 2 Clinics in Ontario:
SmartLife Physiotherapy Clinic
385 Silver Star Blvd Unit 212, 212 (second floor), Scarborough, Ontario
(416)901-1788
Towncentre Rehab Clinic (OHIP Funded)
60 Brian Harrison Way, 4, Scarborough, Ontario
(416)296-1788

If you are looking for mobile services, questions about the school, looking for treatment, please email me directly: nutridition@gmail.com or find me on Facebook "https://www.facebook.com/osteoac". 




No comments:

Post a Comment